Alot of people have been enquiring about MIDI files. So I decided to anwser the matter.
Yes, I am a afraid I am a bit of a whore for using MIDI files. I don't have a good ear for music, that is, I cant tell what key an instrument should be in, what notes the melody and bass should hit. So I use MIDI which have the notes already laid out, and uploaded by people so anyone can download it.
Alot more artists on NG use them than you think, and often don't credit them. You can tell if you heard the origonal MIDI, as the artist has used simmilar instruments to the origional.
"Why don't you just use the MIDIs as a guide for how you should lay out the notes?"
If I were to just copy another persons MIDI, by copying the notes, then that still means I've used a MIDI rather than doing it by ear, like many artists.
Origionaly the rule was no one could make music simmilar to copyrighted stuff. Now look at us; over 500 videogame remixes. However, alot of people are unhappy about me using MIDIs. I'm not trying to become a great audio artist, I just want more obscure songs that I think are good to be noticed. If you don't like the way I did a song; your more than welcome to make a better version of it!!
However, as a sign of good faith after I finish my requests, I shall avoid using MIDIs and try to make my own origional work.
Now back to our regular schedual:
- Marx fight: Kirby SuperStar for Taymaster. Done!
- Siliph Co. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green for elwakawaka. The MIDI is the old 8-bit MIDI, so it may not be good. I'm working on it though!!
- Trainer Battle Pokemon Diamond Pearl. for Bogeyware
- Chilli Billi boss: Banjo Tooie for elwakawaka. Ususally I wouldn't take two requests at once, so You should feel privaliged!! ;)
- Daroche boss: Squeak Squad for Hellbuster. (No MIDI, as of this time of typing)
- Crystal Palace: Paper Mario for Toad Mario.
- Pikmin 2 boss (for ZandXXX)
- Arceus battle (for SupaPeeves)
- Dialga/Palkia battle (for Superslasher)
- Champion Diamond/Pear battle (for jeldeluxe)
SONGS UNABLE TO COMPLETE:-
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity Theme for Jet the Hawk. No MIDI at the moment.
- Arcadian Theme FFXII for CrossedSwords. No MIDI at the moment. In fact, not even a YouTube video; which is unusual. Its in the first cutscene with the Arcadian. Any clarity? (Name of song? e.t.c.)
And finaly, a funny pic for the hell of it.
Keep it up!!
(*Just so everyone knows, my top 4 Audio favorites are the only ones really in order. The rest are just there. It's hard to say "this is better than that", because there ALL good in there own way. So, appart from my "top 4", don't feel bad if your song is near the bottom, it's not ment to be!! I'll save you as a fave artist If you've done two or more audio's I've faved. Again, top 4 are in order. Same goes for flash favs.*)